Category: Uncategorized

AGM and Summer League Registration

Hi all,

The MADPL Annual General Meeting will be held at Boars Head, Middlewich on Monday 16th May at 7:30pm.

 Proposals are invited for the following:

 ·             Executive Committee (Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer)

·               Website controller

·               Rule Changes

·               Applications for New or Additional Teams.

 The above proposals MUST be received by May 13th by email ONLY in order to be considered at the AGM.

 Agenda:

 1 MINUTES OF LAST AGM

2 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

3 SECRETARY’S REPORT

4 TREASURER’S REPORT

5 HONORARIUMS

6 CHANGES TO RULES

7 APPLICATIONS FOR NEW TEAMS

8 ELECTION OF NEW COMMITTEE

9 ANY OTHER BUISNESS

 Summer League registration will be this night also, and the fee of £20 will need to be paid on the night.  If you or your team are not able to make the AGM and would like to enter the Summer League.  Please ensure you contacted me before Wednesday 18th May and arranged the payment.

 Thanks see you all on Friday..

 Simon Nadin

Registration Meeting 17th August

Hi all

Just a reminder that the registration meeting for Winter league is Monday 17th August @ Boars Head, Middlewich (7:30pm start). At this meeting please bring:

· £50 registration (£200 in total for complete season)

· £3 per player to be signed

· £1 per knockout entry

· Filled in registration form (Emailed last week)

If you have any questions then please let me know.

Regards

Simon

Summer League 2015

Hi all,

This years Summer League will be played in the format of 5 singles and 2 NORMAL doubles.  ALL captains WIN or LOSE need to send results in either via text or email as we have no books.  If you have not already done so, can you please send me your team list for the summer league and ensure you have paid your registration fee before the first game is played.

The league is starting on the 10th June 2015 until 12th August 2015, then the winners and runners up will play off in a semi/final.

Prize money will be given out as follows:

Winner: £120

Runner-up: £60

Semi-Finalist (each): £20

Hopefully we will all have fun with the summer league.  Just so you are aware there will be a registration meeting in August for the winter league, date/venue will be emailed out closer to the time, at this meeting teams will need to pay for their players at £3 per man, £1 per KO entry and £50 registration, you are entitled to pay more at this meeting, meaning you will not need to attend the following meetings during the winter league, except the last one (so maybe start collecting subs during the summer league).

 My mobile number is 07812127862 for results and problems, or email me at admin@madpl.co.uk

 If anyone has issues with the attachment let me know and I will try and help.

 Regards and good luck

 Simon Nadin

League Secretary

2015 AGM Minutes, and Summer League

Thank you for those who attended the 2014/2015 AGM at the Boars Head.  There were several new teams welcomed to the MADPL, which is fantastic and will be good for building up the league.

Please find attached the minutes from the meeting.

NB:  the summer league will start 10th June.  Entries MUST be emailed or text to Simon Nadin before Wednesday 3rd June.  A single entry fee of £20 per team will need to be paid to Andy Clarke ASAP.

We look forward to seeing you all again this season, and welcoming the new players.

 Regards,

 Simon Nadin

 

1 MINUTES OF LAST AGM

The minutes of the previous AGM were approved as a true record.

2 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

  •  Noted that it was another good season of monies paid and attendance to meetings
  • Even though lack of attendance at the presentation evening, it was still a good night and all attendance stayed until the end.
  •  Less no shows than most seasons this year. However, due to a inconsistence of the recordings that was noted at the AGM it was decided not to penalise those no shows and ensure that the next seasons recordings are more accurate.

3 TREASURER’S REPORT

AC noted that even though we lost a team and had less knockout entries, the quality of the presentation night and trophies/prizes wasn’t effected and the league ended the season with £734 left before the honorariums were decided.

4 HONORARIUMS

Agreed that a total of £700 would be split over the roles as follows:

£300 for A Clarke for Treasurer and Chairman

£400 for S Nadin for Secretary and Chairman.

5 CHANGES TO RULES World rule Changes:

  • Noted that there were a number of rule changes this season in the WEPF. These have been attached and highlighted. Noted that the website will be updated accordingly

Members proposed the following changes:

  • Change in format to the Singles and Pairs. The proposal is to group together a couple of rounds into 1 night, meaning that even if you have a no show you still get to play and also means less Mondays required. Specific venues to be chosen by committee and if you draw at home then luck of the draw. Committee agree with this, this has worked in the past, however the venues could be drawn at same time, so complete luck on table and draw. – No re-arrange so would have to play on that night, might cause issues. Committee to agree. Avoid holidays. Decided to trial it this season and see if it works.
  • Format on singles change to similar to POTY start at Bo5 and move to Bo7 on Semi and Bo9 Final. LM – Weaker players don’t have a chance, – voted against

Changes to formats:

  • Pairs to stay as normal doubles.
  •  Scotch doubles seems to have worked for the team events, and should continue for the fourth coming seasons. – Everything changes to normal doubles and we will continue with them in the future.
  • League game changes, proposed that we look at a 5 single, 2 double league game instead of 8 singles. With all names drawn one at a time before each game so “good” players can’t be deciding to player “lesser” players to win the averages and also means that everyone has a chance to be able to play 2 games. Committee added if we did this, we wouldn’t have the draw point and also wouldn’t have wildcards. Also how do we decided on averages winner, what if a player isn’t drawn at all during the night? – voted against.
  • Re-stress that books must be handed in before or at the final meeting to get ANY trophies and this should be re-iterated to all players, as there were some 8 ballers not recognised due to no books.
  • Noted that venues will now be restricted to 2 teams maximum in the MADPL.

6 APPLICATIONS OF NEW TEAMS

Amit Nayee representing Nu Flava – Welcomed

Mike Kernan representing Pockets – Welcomed

Dishers have shown interest – Welcomed

Old Star, Winsford – Welcomed

Brunell, Crewe – Welcomed

The fox inn, Sandbach – Welcomed

Shakespere in Nantwich about 11miles from Middlewich and 9 miles from Winsford – Welcomed

7 ELECTION OF NEW EXEC COMMITTEE

No proposals for new committee for following season, so Andy Clarke will continue as Treasurer and Simon Nadin will continue as Secretary and the Chairman duties will continue to be split. M Shallcross will continue to update the website. – Reiterate money is Andy everything else is Simon.

ANY OTHER BUISNESS

  • Summer League will start from 10 th June. All registration MUST be emailed to S Nadin by end of Wednesday 3 rd June to allow time to collate league fixtures. The fee will be £20 per team, and all monies will be given out as money toward winter league. Format will be decided once teams are in. Will either be split mini league or a weighted Knockout and the format will be 5 singles and 2 doubles.
  • It was noted that Steventons had donated their trophies to cancer research and an amount of £150 was given from the league. Alan Steventons captain expressed that the reason this was done was because the whole team would rather see the money given to a good cause than collect a trophy on the presentation night for a runners up prize, and the committee confirmed if other teams wanted to donate then they could speak to us at the end of the season.
  • It was asked that we look at making a finals night a little more of a presentation at the end of the game. It was decided that the Annual trophies will be taken to the finals night and presented to the winning team and a picture taken, then the trophy will be returned to the committee for engraving and presenting at the presentation evening.

Presentation night and AGM‏

Hi all,

I would like to thank all those who came to the presentation night last night, another fantastic evening and finished off a great season.

This year’s AGM will be held at Boars Head, Middlewich on 27th May starting at 8pm.

 Proposals are invited for the following:

·         Executive Committee (Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer)

·         Rule Changes

·         Applications for New or Additional Teams.

 The above proposals MUST be received by 22nd May by email ONLY in order to be considered at the AGM.

Agenda:

1 MINUTES OF LAST AGM

2 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

3 SECRETARY’S REPORT

4 TREASURER’S REPORT

5 HONORARIUMS

6 CHANGES TO RULES

7 APPLICATIONS FOR NEW TEAMS

8 ELECTION OF NEW COMMITTEE

9 ANY OTHER BUISNESS

Please pass on to any landlords or team captains that have a pool table and would like to join next season, the more teams we have the more prizes we can issue and the cheaper the league becomes for EVERYONE.

Regards

Simon Nadin

Presentation night and final meeting‏

Hi all,

As we close a great season off we need to get your numbers for the presentation night.  This will be held on the 15th May at the Middlewich British Legion, doors open at 7:30 with an 8pm start, unfortunately due to the lack of interest food will not be provided again this year.  We have a great band playing, please see website for more details.

As you are all aware each team has pre-purchased 10 tickets for the presentation night.  Can you please let me know if you require any more, these are on a first come basis and cost £1 each.  If you do not require your tickets let me know and I will re-add back into the pot, and if re-sold I will add a credit to next season.

The tickets will be available at the last mandatory meeting on 29th April at Broughton.  The meeting will start at 7:30, where you will be required to give in your completed books, no trophies can be presented without a completed book.  Straight after this meeting is the captains knockout, each captain and vice-captain is permitted to enter.

As with every season, we will be finishing off with our AGM (date to be confirmed).  Please start thinking about next season and any recommendations or issues that you would like to be raised.

Simon Nadin

Final call for new players

Hi all,

This is the final call for any new signings.  Please ensure any new names are sent through via email or text before 8pm on Wednesday 25th Feb, and corresponding fees are arranged to be paid.

This Monday is the Singles semi/Final to be hosted at the Knights Grange 8pm start.

Kind regards,

Simon Nadin

Second half constitution change‏

Hi all,

We have decided to make a change to the constitutional ruling regarding new player signings.  Over the last few weeks we have seen Saxons A drop out, Knights Grange struggle on several occasions and Top house now struggling to get a team together.

Rather than have any more teams drop from the league, we are opening up the signing of new players until the next meeting which is on 16th Feb 2015 @ Broughton, the usual sign on process and fees will remain the same and will need to be paid on or before this meeting.

This will NOT include transfers from other teams, and is only for players that have not signed this season for another team.  I hope this will assist those teams struggling to get more interest and be able to fulfil fixtures.

Can I please remind you all that it is up to you to notify the opposing team AND the committee when you cannot fulfil a fixture, and to give as much notice as possible.

If anyone that doesn’t want to or can’t make the meeting on the 16th Feb then please ensure you pay your outstanding fees to either me or Andy before this date.

Thank you all

Simon Nadin

League Secretary

Pool 2015

Happy New Year to all !!

Hope you all had a great Christmas/New Year and were all safe 😉 .

This Monday 5th January 2015, starts the season back up with Round 4 of the singles, draws for this can be seen here: http://www.madpl.co.uk/?page_id=354 and the league games start back with week 12 on Wednesday 7th.

Other news, The Express have unfortunately had to move their team to a new venue, due to unforeseen circumstances.  They will be completing the season from:

The Brunel – 156 West Street, Crewe CW1 3HG.  If you have any questions regarding this matter then please just drop us an email.

The venue for the semi/final of the doubles will be Eight Farmers on 9th Feb 2015.

Good Luck to all.

Simon Nadin

Winter League-Dates and format

Hi all,

The following dates are for your diaries:

Please note that if you are not paid up at the next meeting then none of your players will be eligible for ANY knockouts including team knockout.

17th September: Meeting @ Turnpike – collect books and pay any outstanding fees (you will be contacted via text with amount to pay)

24th September: Team Knockout round 1

29th September: Singles Round 1

15th December: Meeting @ Broughton – Money meeting mandatory unless you are completely paid up on your fees and Qtr finals draws

16th February: Meeting @ Broughton – Money meeting mandatory to pay final fees

29th April: Final meeting and Captains Knockout and collection of presentation night tickets.

15th May: Presentation Night @ Middlewich British Legion

 

Changes to format:

·         The league format will remain the same as previous winter league, 8 singles.

·         The Team knockout and the Plate knockout will be in the format of 7 singles and 2 scotch doubles.

·         All other knockouts will remain the same.

 

Knockouts:

All knockouts MUST be played on or before the date specified and results received by midnight on that date or both players will be knocked out.  The only exceptions to this rule are:

·         Hospitalisation

·         Immediate family death or serious illness (parents, partner, siblings, children)

·         Serious accidents

All cases contact must be made to both the opponent AND the committee and a decision will be made.  The committee’s decision is final.  Just a couple of past examples that will NOT be accepted are:

·         Work commitments

·         Captain has not informed me

·         Couldn’t get a babysitter

Any no shows (a no show is defined as not making contact with their opponent and the committee 48hrs before the deadline and within 24hrs after the deadline after a serious accident), will be tracked and that player will not be eligible to play that knockout next season, again the committee’s decision is final.  Anyone having contact problems must make these known to the committee to ensure we can assist.

 

It is the captains responsibility to ensure that ALL their players are aware of the above changes, and the constitution on the website will be amended accordingly before the season starts.

 

Regards,

Simon Nadin